The growth of baseball in Tennessee is directly attributed to the hard work and dedication of all of you. We must continue to grow and improve our association. In order to do this, we must get actively involved!
I thought it was important to remind all coaches of the importance of the TBCA. Since we started in the early 90's, we have become one of the premier coaches' associations in the South. We have had numerous states use our model to either start their own organization or to reorganize their association.
The purpose of the TBCA is to:
- To unify all baseball coaches in the State of Tennessee.
- To instill with the coaches a deeper sense of responsibility in developing, maintaining and conducting the game of baseball.
- To create an official line of communication with the TSSAA and with college and junior college coaches in Tennessee.
- To honor persons and organizations that has done an extraordinary job of promoting baseball in Tennessee.
- To maintain a strong contact with local and national organizations of coaches of baseball.
- To annually select:
- All State baseball teams
- a Coach of the Year and Player of the Year in each classification
- Mr. Baseball in each classification
- to recognize and honor the coaches of state championship teams
- to establish and maintain a “Hall of Fame
- award 2 scholarships to deserving seniors in each of the 8 regions
- to honor any additional person who has significantly influenced baseball in Tennessee
Friday, January 21
3:00 - 5:30 Registration; Exhibits
5:00 – 5:50 New Coaches Session Sharing Information to help new coaches succeed
6:00 – 6:50 Mike Bianco – Ole Miss Coaching and Leading this Generation
7:00 – 7:50 Baseball Mindset – Chase Crocker Think like a Champion in Baseball and Life
7:55 – 8:45 Steve Smith - Tennessee Tech Pitching – What I’ve learned since yesterday
8:45 – 10:30 Coaches Reception – Sponsored by SAF/Profile Products
Saturday, January 22
7:30 – 8:30 FCA Breakfast
7:30 – 8:45 Registration; Exhibits open
9:00 – 9:50 Mike Bianco – Ole Miss Pitching Analytics…The One’s that Matter!
9:55 – 10:45 Tony Vitello - University of Tennessee Developing a practice plan
10:50 – 11:40 Russ McNickle – University of Memphis Developing the breaking ball and change-up through daily
throwing maintenance plan
11:40 -12:00 Break for lunch setup – Visit Vendors
12:00 – 1:30 Luncheon
1:30 – 1:50 Break
1:50 – 2:40 Derek Johnson – Cincinnati Reds Question and Answer session
1:50 – 3:15 Middle School Breakout Session. Multiple speakers
2:45 – 3:35 Jeff Forehand – Lipscomb University Coaching/Raising up today’s player
3:40 – 4:20 Baseball Mindset – Chase Crocker Predator vs. Prey Mindset on the Diamond
4:25 – 5:15 Jerry Meyers – MTSU Basic Mechanics/Bull Pen Routines
Sunday, January 23
9:00 – 9:50 Tyler Shewmaker – Vanderbilt Catching
9:55 – 10:40 Jeremy Sheetinger – Georgia Gwinett The Power is in THE TEAM: Training Ideas that Enhance
10:45 – 11:35 Jason Maxwell – Ensworth High School Preparing your infielders for game success